Notability is finally here! For those of us who don’t know, Notability is a powerful note-taking app, but it’s also a great tool for PDF/document annotation. Our district has purchased licenses for our students and all teachers. Here are some of the features that come with this powerful app:
- Handwritten as well as typed notes
- PDF annotations
- Recording audio (teachers explaining processes or students explaining their thoughts)
- Inserting and annotating photos
- Creating figures with shape tools
- “Sticky” notes
- Inserting and annotating web site screenshots
It also integrates really well with iTunes U and Google Classroom.
Here’s a tutorial on the basic features of Notability:
We’ve seen Notability used in a few 1:1 districts and it was used as a key process in their workflow. Training students to use Notability as a means of interacting with documents in your course is pretty simple, and once they set it up, it can be an awesome organization tool for them as well.
Notability also has a great Facebook page that highlights the tools and updates they make from time to time.